- Indirect heating - Heatese uses indirect heating. Gases are heated which in turn heat the internal surfaces of the system, with the heat transferring to water inside a large copper cylinder. It is more fuel efficient to heat these gases than water, and indirect heating permits the use of copper which is a better conductor.
- Energy storage-Unlike a boiler there is no daily pre-heating cost with Heatese. A boiler uses up to 40% more oil in its first hour of operation; and will lose its heat quickly once turned off, requiring a pre-heating period again. In contrast, if turned off for 24 hours, the Heatese system will cool by 5°C. Heatese stores its energy for when it’s required. It can be run for (i) a few hours per day, or (ii) continuously e.g. with underfloor heating.
- Energy recovery - Temperatures reach 324°C inside the Heatese gas chamber. When these gases leave the system through its exhaust they have been reduced to 40. This is due to an aggressive energy recovery system that transfers the otherwise lost heat back into the system. By recycling this heat, your fuel is not being used to create more heat..
• Savings per hour: €8.40 or 87.5%
• 6,000 sq ft Georgian property, no insulation, 32 radiators and 200L hot water cylinder
• Previously used 12L of oil per hour; €9.60 per hour • Heatese is using 1.5L of oil per hour; €1.20